Tankless Water Heater Repair in the Sarasota & St. Petersburg Areas
Tankless water heaters are more efficient than traditional storage tank water heaters because they don't waste energy heating water that's not being used.
By providing hot water on demand, tankless systems use less energy, cost less to run, and have longer life spans.
Bullseye Home Services' highly trained plumbers provide a wide range of residential and commercial plumbing services throughout St. Petersburg, Sarasota, and surrounding areas.
Our comprehensive plumbing services include water heater repairs for tankless systems.
Signs You Need a Tankless Water Heater Repair
Below are common indicators your tankless water heater isn't running quite like it should:
- The water is cold or lukewarm: If you have no hot water or water that's not hot enough, there could be a problem with your heating element or fuel source.
- Your water heater shuts off unexpectedly: This could be a sign your filter is clogged and not venting properly.
- Your water heater is leaking: Although this is less common than it is with standard units, a loose valve or fitting could cause water to leak from your tankless water heater.
- Your water heater emits unusual noises: Knocking, humming, or screeching sounds are never good and indicate something is not working properly.
Tankless Water Heater Repair vs. Replacement
If your water heater needs frequent or costly repairs, a replacement water heater is likely a better investment. The same is true if your system is 15 to 20 years old.
A modern system will provide maximum efficiency for optimal water heating and cost savings.
If you're unsure if you need a repair or replacement, the Bullseye team can help you determine the best path forward.
Tankless Water Heater Troubleshooting
Although it's always best to leave water heater repairs to professionals like those at Bullseye Home Services, there are some issues you can safely troubleshoot yourself. If the following tips don't address the problem, we can help:
No Hot Water
Typically, a lack of hot water is an issue with your system's power or water supply. Try these steps:
- If you have an electric water heater, ensure the breaker isn't tripped, and the system is securely plugged into the electrical socket.
- If you have a gas water heater, check that the gas supply valve is open and the pilot light is lit.
- Whether you have a gas or electric water heater, check the water supply line and ensure the shut-off valve isn't engaged.
Low Hot Water Pressure
If your hot water pressure is low, you could be using too many fixtures or appliances at once, putting a strain on your flow rate.
You'll also want to ensure an obstruction like a clogged aerator doesn't block your faucets.
Otherwise, you may need to consider a tankless water heater replacement for a larger unit.
The Water is Too Hot
If your hot water is too hot, check the temperature of your water heater thermostat. 120 degrees Fahrenheit is the ideal temperature setting.
If that doesn't address the issue, the unit may have sediment buildup. Hire a plumber to flush and descale the unit.
Choose Bullseye for Service in Sarasota & St. Petersburg
At Bullseye Home Services, our professional plumbers are punctual, knowledgeable, and background-checked. We pride ourselves on delivering exceptional plumbing services and a seamless customer experience.
In addition to our convenient financing options, you can also count on our team for military, veteran, and senior discounts.
Frequently Asked Questions
CONTACT BULLSEYE HOME SERVICES TODAY
Schedule an appointment with the leading provider of plumbing, drain, and sewer services in Sarasota, FL, and nearby areas. Choose Bullseye when you need expert repair, replacement, or maintenance.
Our local team of certified experts is here to help when you need us most!
Choose Bullseye for professionalism, punctuality, quality, responsiveness, and value.
We warranty our work to ensure you have the peace of mind and quality service you deserve!
We guarantee our service hits the mark no matter the job.